Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Double- Chocolate Dream Cookies


I've made these cookies several times. I've never been a big fan of chocolate cookies, but these are really, really good. I got the recipe off a bag of Nestle Toll House chocolate chips.

Double-Chocolate Dream Cookies

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Baking Cocoa (I use dark cocoa because it makes it more chocolate-y.)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz pkg) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (Last night I used mint dark chocolate chips, and they were delicious.)

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are puffed. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

I usually get 26-30 cookies from one batch.

I've also tried adding a cup of dried cherries to the recipe, but I think I would like strawberries better. I also think caramel or peanut butter chips would be yummy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment