Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Easy Mexican Rice

Mike wanted me to make mexican rice, so I looked it up on recipezaar.com and this is the recipe I used. It was very good, and I don't even like mexican rice.

1/4-1/3 cup finely chopped onion
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/4 cups parboiled long-grain rice
1(14 oz) can chicken broth
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Over medium-high heat, saute onion in olive oil until tender; add rice and continue sauteing for 3-5 minutes until rice becomes opaque.
2. add chicken broth, tomato sauce, and seasonings; bring to boil then reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes until rice is cooked.
3. Remove pan from heat; let stand covered for 5 minutes until liquid is absorbed; fluff with fork and serve

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to find a good recipe for spanish rice. Looking forward to trying it out!

    ReplyDelete