Friday, November 20, 2009

Creamy Chicken Vegetable Wild Rice Soup


I found this recipe last year on Picky Palate, and we all loved it! My kids don't even complain about the veggies in it (though Adam eats around the onions). This makes a big pot of soup, but I'm not sure exactly how much it serves.

Creamy Chicken Vegetable Wild Rice Soup

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium white onion, finely chopped
4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
4 Cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup (I use low-fat)
1 can cheddar cheese soup
¾ Cup milk or heavy cream (I use milk)
2 Cups cooked shredded chicken breast
1 Cup cooked wild rice (I normally do 2 because my kids really like it)
Pinches of salt and pepper to taste

Place oil into a large dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Saute onion and carrots 8-10 minutes or until softened. Stir in baby spinach and cook until slightly wilted. Stir in garlic for 1 minute then add chicken broth, soups, milk, chicken, salt and pepper. Heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment