Friday, November 27, 2009

My Mom's Cranberry Salad

Not the most original name, but I'm not feeling super-creative today. :) My family always had this in lieu of more "traditional" cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's tangy, but also really sweet. You can cut the sugar back to 1 cup to reduce the sweetness, if you prefer.



My Mom's Cranberry Salad



1 bag frozen cranberries, chopped in blender

1 can crushed pineapple

2 cups sugar

1 container Cool Whip (you could make 2 cups of real whipped cream)

1 package marshmallows

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)



Combine cranberries, pineapple, and sugar in bowl. Let sit one hour. Pour into colander, and let drain over bowl (covered) for two hours (I usually leave it overnight). In a larger bowl, combine Cool Whip and marshmallows. Fold in cranberry mixture and nuts (if using). Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment