Thursday, July 8, 2010

Crispy Baked Chicken Strips


I was looking for something to make that used what I had in my cupboard/freezer and that I would have at least a fighting chance that my kids would eat. So, I went searching the food blogs and found this recipe on Annie's Eats. Kade declared that this was "really, REALLY good!" So, I guess it's a keeper. Next time I might add some kind of seasoning to the cornflakes (maybe even just black pepper) but it was pretty good plain. It is salty (not too salty, though) because of the brine, so no additional salt needs to be added.

Crispy Baked Chicken Strips
by Annie's Eats

1/4 c. salt
4 chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch strips (I cut tenders in half, but next time I'll cut them into bite size pieces)
1/4 c. flour
7 tbsp butter, melted (I used a full stick)
2 c. finely crushed Corn Flakes (I used my blender to crush them)

Dissolve salt in 1 quart cold water. Add chicken, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Move oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 400. Put an oven safe cooling rack on a cookie sheet. Remove chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken in flour, butter, then corn flakes, shaking off excess each time. Place on cooling rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.

Click here for printable version.

No comments:

Post a Comment