Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake


Another mixed review.

Matt and Ray LOVED this. I think Matt would have licked the plate if I had let him. Kade didn't care for it. I think it is good, but I actually prefer my plain cheesecake, especially if it has strawberry sauce on it. (That sauce, by the way, makes a really yummy strawberry lemonade and Nathan loves it on his ice cream.) Anyway, for me the deal breaker is the crust. I used chocolate Goldfish because Fry's didn't have chocolate Teddy Grahams and I don't like cooked Oreos. I guess I don't like twice-cooked chocolate cookies.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
by Melanie at My Kitchen Cafe

Cookie Dough:
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tbsp water or milk (I used milk)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. mini chocolate chips

Crust:
4 tbsp butter, melted
2 1/2 c. chocolate cookie crumbs

Cheesecake:
4 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sour cream
1 c. mini chocolate chips

Garnish:
whipped cream
mini chocolate chips

For cookie dough: Combine butter and sugars. Add milk and vanilla. Add flour salt and chocolate chips and mix well. Form into small balls (a little larger than teaspoon size, but not too big). Place them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and freeze to harden.

Preheat oven to 325.

For crust: Combine butter and cookie crumbs. Lightly grease 10-inch springform pan. Press crust mixture into the bottom and half way up the sides.

For cheesecake: Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and flour on high until smooth. Add vanilla and sour cream. Mix just to combine. Pour half of the batter into the crust. Add cookie dough balls and chocolate chips to the remaining batter, then pour into crust and smooth out. (Mine completely filled my springform pan.) Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Then, turn off heat and crack oven door. Let cheesecake sit for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Refrigerate over night. Garnish with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips.

Click here for printable version.

No comments:

Post a Comment