1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs (about 1 and 1/2 packages)
3 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp butter, softened (not melted)
Thoroughly mix ingredients. Press into bottom and up sides of 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
3 pkgs (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. lemon juice
Beat cream cheese well; add sugar a little at a time. Add eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla and lemon juice. Combine thoroughly. Pour into crust. Bake at 300 degrees for 60 minutes. Run a knife around the sides. Cool completely and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- This recipe is from the Lion House. It also has a topping, which I don't really care for. Whip 1 pint of sour cream, add 3 tbsp sugar gradually, then add 1/2 tsp vanilla. Pour over cheesecake after baking. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Then cool and refrigerate.
- I grind my graham crackers in the blender.
- I use my hand mixer for this and use only low speed. Too much air will make it crack. My KitchenAid mixer doesn't do a very good job of mixing it all together.
- It should still be jiggly when you take it out of the oven.
- After running the knife around the edges DO NOT LICK IT! It is HOT. Ask me how I know.