Monday, August 24, 2009

Cowboy Caviar

This has become one of my trademark recipes in our ward. I took it to a potluck a few years ago and the recipe has become popular. You can find it at just about any BBQ or baby shower that someone in the ward puts on. It is yummy! I originally got it from my sister-in-law Janell. Thanks Janell.1 10 oz. package frozen corn
1 can black eyed peas, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
8 roma tomatoes
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
8 oz. Zesty Italian dressing
2 tsp. (or so) cumin
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine and serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. This may sound dumb but... Do you thaw the corn first? Or do you let it sit in the fridge and "come together"? Also, have you used canned corn and drained it first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't thaw the corn, I just throw it in and it's fine. I guess I do usually let it sit in the fridge for a little while. I made it the other night and it only sat in the fridge for about 30 minutes before it was time to go to the party and everything tasted right and wasn't frozen. I've never used canned corn in it, but I'm sure it would be fine.

    ReplyDelete