Monday, September 7, 2009

Banana-Sour Cream Bars

I found this recipe in my trusty "Betty Crocker's Cookie Book". You can use either cream cheese frosting or vanilla glaze.1/2 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. sour cream
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. mashed banana
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix butter, sugar, sour cream, and eggs in large bowl on medium speed for 1 minute. Beat in bananas and vanilla on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat in flour, salt, and baking soda on medium speed for 1 minute. Spread in greased jelly roll pan, 15x10x1. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool. Spread with vanilla glaze or cream cheese frosting. I used the vanilla glaze and it's yummy!
Vanilla Glaze:
4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
3 tsp. vanilla
4 Tbsp. hot water

1 comment:

  1. I made these yesterday, but I topped them with cream cheese frosting. They are good and we all like them.

    ReplyDelete