Friday, September 18, 2009

Puffins Anyone?

Amanda was telling me about these little pancakes she found on Bakerella the other day. Bakerella had a craving for pancakes but didn't want to stand and flip them so she tried it this way. We decided to try them out. They were pretty good. Another pancake recipe to add to my collection.
On Bakerella's site she calls them "mini maple pancake muffins. She didn't like the name because it was too long and so her commenters decided "puffins" would be a good name. We like the name around here. It's just a FUN name!
Totally stole this picture from Bakerella. I took pictures myself but the battery in my camera died shortly after I took them and I can't find any new batteries. Oh well...
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. sugar
2/3 c. buttermilk
1 egg
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 Tbsp. melted butter
Combine dry ingredients. In separate bowl combine wet ingredients. Mix both together. Pour into greased mini muffin pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes.
You could also add chocolate chips and have chocolate chip puffins!

1 comment:

  1. We finally made these today and there was only one complaint...there weren't enough. I guess next time I'll have to double it.

    ReplyDelete